1.4 FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

The current list of frequently asked questions (FAQ) will be updated and expanded upon request.

Who can apply?

Students from any country may apply, who have received at least a bachelor degree (4 years) in any of the biomedical or biological sciences.

Are the degrees internationally recognized?

The IMBS Master (MSc) degree is given upon successful completion of the program by the University of Buenos Aires.The master course has been recently accreditated by the National Commission for University Evaluation and Accreditation (CoNEAU) with the best possible rating A. 

This degree can then be submitted to the German authorities for recognition, which means full recognition in all EU countries. 

The Diploma of Advanced Studies (30 credit points) and the Certificate of Advanced Studies (at least 10 credit points) are given with the European Credit Transfer System 

The PhD degree can be obtained by either institution and is normally recognized in all countries, possibly requiring some administrative steps in some countries. In order to take full advantage of the integrated program, the mentor/institution for the subsequent PhD period should be identified within the first year.

Certified versus regular copies

Certified copies are Xerox copies of your original documents bearing a signature and stamp or seal which indicates that the copy is identical to the original document. Certified copies can be issued, for example by the dean's or registrar's office of your university, the German Embassy, or a public notary. Regular copies are Xerox copies of your original documents without additional certification that the copy is identical with the original document.

English proficiency

No proof of English proficiency by an English test is required for applicants:

  • who are native English speakers,
  • who have resided for a reasonable period in an English speaking country,
  • who come from an anglophone country.

Applicants who have been taught through English for the majority of their courses (college or university) do not need to submit results from a standardized test such as TOEFL, IELTS, APIEL, or CPE. However, it is recommended that they attach an official statement (signed by an official of the college or university, e.g. the dean's or registrar's office) which indicates that English was the medium of instruction. Please note that your application benefits from the submission of an excellent score in an English language test.

Diploma issued after the deadline

In case you receive a higher diploma after the application deadline, you should submit the certification of your latest degree and a copy of your latest transcript. If you have not yet obtained a degree, please indicate the date when you expect this to be conferred. If your college/ university does not award a Bachelor's degree for a particular course of study, a minimum of six semesters of academic education is required. In this case you may apply to the coordination office to have your education accepted as the equivalent of a Bachelor's degree.

Financial statement

The application form requests a financial statement. In this statement you should explain, how you plan to finance your IMBS. A personal statement is required. It is not necessary to submit additional documents at this stage.

Zuletzt geƤndert am 23.06.2015